Have you ever passed by someone or come across someone eating something that automatically gave you cravings for that exact item that you had to go out and buy it so you can eat the same thing?
Well last week, I was at work and there was a lady who came in with her child in the stroller who happened to be so adorable. He was eating one of those buckets of mini oreos and he handed me one and said “for you” and it was interesting to see children who are so young with manners.
So I ate it, but then it had me craving oreos. I’m not a fan of anything cookies and cream to be honest but I had to make these cupcakes and I’m glad I did, they were so delicious!
- 2 ½ cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 ¼ cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- crumbled up mini oreos or large ones, to your liking
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Insert liners into medium cupcake pans.
2. In a bowl, sift flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda.
3. Cream butter and sugar in an electric mixer with the mixer’s flat beater on medium speed until mixture is light and airy.
4. Reduce mixing speed to low. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well.
5. Gradually add dry ingredients (prepared in Step 2) and the finely chopped Oreos, mixing until batter is smooth.
6. Fill cupcake liners two-thirds full.
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until cupcakes are springy to the touch and a toothpick inserted in cupcake’s center comes out clean.
8. Remove from oven and cool on wire rack for 10 minutes.
For the whipped cream frosting:
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 10 grated Oreo cookies
9. With an electric mixer, beat whipping cream and powdered sugar until soft and creamy.
10. Add grated cupcakes into batter
11. Pipe a small amount on each cupcake